Thursday, December 3, 2009

I have always wanted to learn how to snowboard

Ever since I was twelve every winter my father would take my mom, my siblings, and I and any aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends who could pay their own way out on a ski trip. For the first few years I would have to take lessons so I could learn how to ski properly but then after our lessons he would take everyone out on a few courses that he thought we could all accomplish together.

We would always ski until my older brothers were older and wanted to snowboard. I’ve always wanted to take snowboarding lessons but I had a good time teaming up with my dad against my brothers and racing them. My dad always won of course but it always was unforgettable watching my brothers wipe out a dozen or more times.

Some days it would take us hours to get down one course because we would fall over laughing so hard and were not able to get up for quite some time. I’ll never forget those trips and I hope when my own children are older we’ll do ski trips of our own every winter.



No comments:

Post a Comment